Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
- Online Store
Even though our winters here in Riverside aren’t nearly as bad as that in other parts of the country, there’s no denying the chilly nights we experience in Southern California. The last thing you need is for your heater to break down! And while complete system failures aren’t entirely common, there is a much bigger threat: that of your heater’s efficiency dwindling. That can make for a nasty surprise on your future heating bills.
Heating maintenance is your best prevention against sudden breakdowns and skyrocketing bills. Whether you’re operating a furnace or ductless heat pump, maintenance requires no one less than a skilled professional. Both heaters come with their own challenges and safety hazards that you wouldn’t want anyone but insured and licensed technicians to handle. When residents of Riverside need maintenance, they choose to go with RKM Heating and Air Conditioning. Let us handle all your heating needs.
Do you need heater maintenance this season? Contact us today and we’ll get you set up with an appointment.
Signs You Need Heater Maintenance
Maintenance is best taken as a preventive measure and at least once a year. This will help ensure that, for the rest of the year, you’ll minimize the risk of any major problems. In fact, it’s estimated that about 85% of HVAC problems are prevented with maintenance. On top of that, you’ll be doing yourself a favor by keeping efficiency high.
Some signs of overdue maintenance include:
- Higher Than Usual Heating Bills: As parts in your heater wear down, they’ll begin to drag the rest of the system down with them. You can anticipate your heater needing to work harder than usual to meet the demands of your thermostat, and that creates higher heating bills.
- Increased Need for Repairs: The need for repairs shouldn’t be a common occurrence. If your heater is needing repairs once or twice a year on average, it may be due to a lack of maintenance.
- Shorter Lifespan: All the extra wear-and-tear and repair problems will contribute to a shorter lifespan for your heater, thus requiring replacement sooner than anticipated.
Maintenance is Not for Amateurs
Although we appreciate the attitude of doing things yourself, furnace and ductless heater maintenance is not fit for DIY service. There are many things that can go wrong with heaters that the average homeowner or handyman doesn’t have the knowledge or experience to handle, such as:
- Gas and Carbon Monoxide Leaks: Furnace maintenance is dangerous due to the presence of gas lines and the devices responsible for combustion. Performing bad repairs in the wrong area could create a gas leak, and a bad job could leave the system vulnerable to malfunctions—such as those capable of causing deadly carbon monoxide leaks.
- Refrigerant Leaks: As for ductless heating maintenance, you won’t have the same risks, but you will have to deal with refrigerant lines and other sensitive components. Inadvertently creating a refrigerant problem will open your heat pump to a possible failure if not detected and fixed.
Maintenance is Easily Forgotten, So Try a Maintenance Plan!
The crucial time to get heater and furnace maintenance is just before the fall and winter season. But unfortunately, many homeowners simply forget to schedule it. It’s not until their heater starts having problems in the middle of the season that they remember.
Instead of having to force yourself to remember, we suggest signing up with a maintenance plan, so we can do it all for you. Our plan even throws in several benefits so that you can get rewarded for it!
- Lifetime warranty on repairs performed by our team.
- FREE Service/Diagnostic fees.
- Discounts on home comfort products and repairs.
- Priority service.
- And much more.
These are just a few of the perks of signing up for our maintenance plan. Check out our Comfort Club Service Maintenance Agreement page to learn about all the details.