How much is a Service Call ?
Depending on your application, residential or commercial your service call varies?
RKM does not charge for
- do not pay diagnostic charges.
- Our technician must complete a full diagnostic of your system so that we can identify & verify the problem with your system so that we can give you an honest upfront cost of repairs and be able to warranty and stand behind our work. This takes time to properly complete and Or NATE certified technicians have completed years of training and experience to provide you with the best in the industry. for this we do charge a nominal fee of sixty five dollars.
- Nate certified technicians will properly diagnosis your system and give you an honest upfront cost of repair. commercial property systems are large typically have more instruments and difficult location to reach all components. because of the extra time and knowledge it takes to properly test this system we charge the small cost of eighty nine dollars.
What is RKM heating and air condtioning warranties?
RKM Heating and air conditioning is a certified full service C20 HVAC contractor and our team of NATE certified contractors stand behind their work.
- Comfort Club members can receive up to 3 years warranty on all repairs and services
- Our non comfort club customers repairs come with a 1 year parts and labor warranty, where as a lot of our competitors are only 30-90 days.
- Comfort Club members receive up to a 3 year warranty on labor and 12 year parts
- “Exclusive 8” guarantees on new systems receive guarantees like no other company offers and is no additional charge.
- 2 Year available for full systems
- 5 year Labor available
- 10 year labor available
- Commercial receives a 1 year warranty
What does a new heating and air conditioing system cost?
You Should Get What You Paid For.
If you seek value, rate your contractor – before you rate the price.
What is SEER ?
(Seasonal energy efficiency rating)
simply put the high the number the more energy efficient it is capable of.
What brands does RKM install ?
RKM heating and air conditioning understands that there are many brands out on the market and understands that you have multiple choices. This is why we have partnered with the best brands and customer service in the industry to give you choices.
Service & install Parts of all brands
DIY HVAC Parts
Do your sell furnace parts ?
Yes, RKM heating does sell parts to the general public at our parts warehouse located in Riverside Ca
Do you sell equipment only?
No, we do not sell equipment that is not installed by RKM heating and air conditioning. EPA License and other certifications are required to properly install, handle and purchase equipment in CA
Do you install customer purchased Equipment?
What is the warranty on parts purchased but I install ?
RKM cannot warranty parts installed by non licensed HVAC contractors. If the part is defective RKM will come out to site where the part is installed for a diagnostics fee and can determine from there if it is a factory issues or not.
Do you sell HVAC material ?
Yes, RKM sells parts and material for heating and air conditioning. All materials are returnable if , unused or unopened with receipt.
What Does it cost for a new air conditioner installed?
RKM is a upfront honest company and the only way to give you an accurate price see to have a Free on site evaluation to determine what it will lintel to properly install air conditioning on your property properly.
- What size do you need?
- Electrical conditionins
- Refrigerant typw
- Refrigerant lines size and length
- Cooling stages
- Energy efficiency
- Air flow requirements
- Each individual manufacture requirments
- Safety concers
- Proper placement
All play a huge factor in what the cost will be and can be determined by our certified HVAC technicians while on site.
That all being said……..
- Replacement of same type – $2,000-$5,000
- Upgrade to 410a Refrigerant – $2,000-$10,000
- New Air Conditioning System – $4,000-$20,000
Average Pricing for new systems $9,000-$16,000 with permits and HERS testing
This is a very difficult question to answer. There are thousands of parts, brands, types and other factors that come into play in the price of repairs without knowing the actual part number, Brand and reason for failure it is impossible to know what the cost is for you individual issue.
RKM offers upfront honest pricing on every job. we have a printed customer view able price book and will be shown to you onsite at the time of the call once the diagnosis has been preformed and we are able to determine the proper repairs to get up back up and running. No work will be completed without your prior authorization
What Does it cost for a new Heater installed?
A New heater installed will provide a safer more energy efficient and comfortable environment. There are many ranges in heaters now. Price ranges from $1400-4500.00 depending on the size, location, materials to install, local code, 2 stage heating, Variable speed, 80%-97% efficiency. RKM heating and air will come out to do a site survey and give you a solid, honest cost for replacement for FREE.
How much is zoning?
Zoning is a great tool for controlling comfort and energy savings. Control one room one temp and another room, or level a different one. Only us the air where you want it. Great for multiple levels, east and west side, room by room, living to sleeping areas, and high ceilings. Depending on the parts needed and the extent you want to go prices rang from about $1500-3500.00
Duct Work cost?
Duct work is the veins for your heating and air conditioning system. If not done right your system can not delver the air to your living spaces, driving your bill up, your comfort level done, system to break faster and air quality to bad levels. Leaky duct work will cause unhealthy, hot and/or cold air, to be sucked into the air stream. Supply ducts will blow out the air you desire in to attics and crawl spaces areas you don’t want your comfort level going. If they are to small you system will delver less air causing longer run times and break downs. Cost can vary from $200-500 per run depending on the situation and materials needed to preform the job correctly.
According to experts, a central air conditioner’s performance depends at least as much on how well it’s installed and maintained as on the equipment itself. Furnaces and air conditioners don’t just snap together and plug in, unfortunately.
First things first, however. While there are many brands of central air conditioners, digging deeper reveals that the majority of central air conditioners are made by a handful of companies, marketing merely makes it looks as if you have a wider range of choices. The major manufacturers are:
- Trane, which also makes American Standard
- Carrier, which owns Bryant, Payne and Tempstar, comfort maker, comf0rt star and others
- Lennox, which owns Ducane, Armstrong, Concord, Allied and AirEase
- Rheem, which owns Ruud
- Goodman, which makes Amana and Janitrol
- York, which makes Coleman and Luxaire
- Nortek Global HVAC, which makes Maytag, Westinghouse, Frigidaire, Kelvinator and others
In the major survey cited, feedback shows that most brands are about equally reliable. Between 10 and 13 percent of homeowners reported that their air conditioners broke down during a five-year period for most brands. However, three brands — Goodman, Amana and York — had significantly worse ratings, with 17 to 19 percent needing repairs.
Goodman and York also get poor overall ratings at FurnaceCompare.com, an independent site for user reviews of central air conditioners. FurnaceCompare.com suggest that Goodman’s low ratings have less to do with the company’s products than with the quality of the contractors who install them.